Hello, I am a UK-based writer and script editor, with drama and comedy experience, and strong, proven creative instincts.
I trained with the UK's National Film and Television School (Diploma in Script Development, 2005-2007 - David Lean Foundation scholarship), and I've worked on produced feature films and in television (drama development and writing on-air continuity scripts for broadcasters). I am also a published author.
From eight-second voiceover scripts, to eighty-page annuals - and beyond! - I am a versatile, adaptable writer, able to produce high-volume, high-quality work, for a range of different audiences, to tight deadlines. I love a challenging project brief - and nailing different tones of voice - and am equally at home helping to shape briefs.
With a solid eleven-plus years' experience writing/producing for broadcasters, my voiceover scripts aired on UK television channels every day for five years, between 2012 and 2017. During this time, I wrote tens of thousands of voiceover links for seven different channels (primarily, Fox and Comedy Central).
I also bring experience of casting and directing voice talent, project management and audio editing.
- Author of the FAMILY GUY ANNUAL 2015 and FAMILY GUY ANNUAL 2016, for Pedigree Books.
- Freelance writer and producer of continuity (the intro/end credits voiceover announcements), for COMEDY CENTRAL UK and COMEDY CENTRAL EXTRA (September 2015 - May 2017). Listen here.
- Continuity writer for FOX TV UK, for over three years (October 2012 - January 2016) - including the rebrand/launch from FX TV in January 2013, and writing cover for NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC CHANNEL.
- Prior to this, six-plus years freelance continuity producing/writing for SKY TV channels - including Sky Movies, MGM HD, Sky Atlantic, Sky Living and Sky 1. In 2007, I worked on the Sky Arts rebrand/launch (formerly 'Artsworld'), developing the continuity style and writing scripts for first three months of transmission.
- Freelance continuity producing and writing cover at CHANNEL 5, including digital channels 5Star, 5USA and Spike.
SCRIPT EDITING AND DEVELOPMENT
As a script editor and developer, I've worked on projects that have enjoyed great critical and commercial success.
- Script editor of Arto Halonen's hit Finnish feature film, PRINCESS (2010), for Art Films Production, which spent 5 weeks at the top of the Finnish box office - outgrossing big Hollywood titles - and won a Jussi award ('Finnish Oscar').
- The English-language remake rights to PRINCESS were acquired by LA-based W2 Media, at AFM 2011. Project taken on by AMBI Pictures Group in October 2014.
- Research on original TV conspiracy thriller series, which became Channel 4's acclaimed UTOPIA (2013), which was greenlit for a remake by HBO, with GONE GIRL collaborators David Fincher and Gillian Flynn.
- Script consultant on Justin Edgar's British teen-comedy feature film, WE ARE THE FREAKS (2013)
- External assessor for the National Film and Television School's Diploma in Script Development (January 2014 - February 2016).
I started out in the film and television industries in 2002, assisting at international festivals in the UK and Canada, then moved into production.
My work has included a stint in the casting office of the Warner Brothers feature film V FOR VENDETTA (2005), the rehearsal room of Matt Berry and Rich Fulcher's cult BBC comedy series SNUFF BOX (2006), and in the staff room of Central School of Speech and Drama, where I produced MA graduation shorts for writers including the now-award-winning playwrights Nick Payne and Evan Placey (2007).
I have a first class BA Honours in Screen Studies, from Liverpool John Moores University (2001).
If you are a producer or publisher, or you work for a broadcaster or creative agency (or similar) and are looking to hire/commission: I am freelance and always interested in discussing potential projects and opportunites. Please do feel free to get in touch. (Fully paid work only, please - thanks!)